Accomplished Brain Injury Attorneys in Whittier, CA: Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP
At Hanning Sacchetto, LLP our brain injury attorneys in Whittier, CA have over a decade of experience helping individuals and families recover the financial settlements they deserve to seek proper medical care for their conditions.
Severe brain injuries can be life changing for not just the injured, but his or her entire family. The costs and care necessary to safely and adequately care for someone with a brain injury can be overwhelming. Our lawyers are here to help ensure you are holding the proper parties responsible for the injuries sustained, and pursuing the appropriate damages to accommodate your entire family’s needs.
Brain Injury Causes
Our brain injury attorneys have successfully represented victims in Los Angeles County for more than ten years, and have seen numerous causes that lead to these severe damages. No two cases we represent are the same, and our unique approach to delivering results for our clients is unmatched in the State of California.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) lists the most common brain injury causes as:
- Hit by object
- Violent acts/attacks
- Medical malpractice
- Brain infections or inflammation from medical negligence
- Auto accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
These brain injury causes result in the annual statistics of:
- 52,000 deaths
- 280,000 are injuries
- 2.2 million emergency room visits
Brain Injury Symptoms
- Blurred vision in one or both eyes
- Changes in sensory awareness
- Trouble with coordination and balance
- Difficulty with reason, focus, and logic
- Memory impairment
- Personality changes
- Trouble speaking and swallowing
Severe brain injury cases can lead to:
- Brain death
- Locked-in syndrome
- Minimally Responsive State
- Persistent vegetative state
- Vegetative state
Financial Costs Associated with Brain Injuries
The medical costs associated with brain injuries are only the beginning of the overall costs connected to the estimated monetary output necessary to treat and care for the victims.
According to the The Brain Association of America lists common symptoms of brain injuries as: a:
- Mild head injury accounts for $85,000 in medical costs
- Moderate brain injury accounts for $941,000 in medical costs
- Severe brain injury accounts for approximately $3 million medical costs over a lifetime
Overall, brain injuries in the United States account for:
- Over $48 billion annually
- Nearly $32 billion of that is spent on hospitalization and medical care
- The balance of $16.6 billion is spent on costs associated with fatalities
The CDC provides additional brain injury statistics for the United States, including:
- Acute care and rehabilitation costs reaching upwards of $10 billion per year
- That number does not include indirect costs to families:
- Lost earnings
- Diminished working capacity
- Costs linked to providing social services
How Can Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP Help?
If you or a loved one has suffered from a brain injury, our attorneys can help account for the overall costs associated with the severity of your claim. Many people only consider the medical costs associated with treating a brain injury. Our experience allows us to view the big picture, and proactively seek the actual costs associated with treating these injuries fully.
These costs can include:
- Current and future medical treatment
- Medical equipment rentals
- Prescription costs
- Current and future lost wages for the injured, and the family member(s) charged with their care
- Lifestyle changes, including vehicle/home alterations to accommodate medical equipment
- Loss of benefits, including insurance and retirement stemming from the inability to work
- In-home healthcare and convalescent aid
- Rehabilitation and therapy
The Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP Promise: Setting Our Firm Apart
When we take on a case at Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP our brain injury attorneys have a single goal: Delivering a successful outcome for our clients.
With this goal at the forefront of our legal practice, our promise to our clients is that we will never make more money on your case than you do. Ever.
If most of your settlement is earmarked for medical costs and care, and the final numbers reflect our costs as higher than your return, we will lower our bill to equal the outcome. We are here to serve our clients fully, and will never make more money than they do from their injuries. No other law firm can say the same.
- Our initial consultation is free.
- We never charge administrative fees.
- If we do not win your case, you owe us nothing.
We are here to make a difference.
Contact our Brain Injury Attorneys in Whittier, CA Today for More Information
If you are struggling with a brain injury, or are taking care of someone who is, call our experienced attorneys at Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP in Whittier, CA today at (562) 698-6446 to schedule a free consultation. We can help you devise a strategy for recovering the overall costs associated with your injury, leaving no detail to chance. Call us now to find out how.