Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP: Comprehensive Truck Accident Representation in Whittier, CA
If you have been involved in a truck accident, we understand how terrified you must be. Countering the intimidating calls from the trucking company, their insurance representatives and legal team is overwhelming and unfair. At Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP our truck accident attorneys in Whittier, CA understand, and can provide exceptional representation that removes your anxiety and anguish right away. You need time to heal from your injuries, and our law firm provides the confidence you need to focus on your personal care while we handle the financial aspect of recovery.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Whittier, CA
According to the U.S. Department of Commerce, the trucking industry transported over 10.4 tons of freight last year alone. Generating over $676 billion each year, trucking commerce requires stringent deadlines, logistical organization, and willing drivers to distribute the goods throughout the nation.
The most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver negligence
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
- Lack of taking proper precautions while driving
- Failure to leave space necessary to operate the truck safely
- Disobeying traffic signs or signals
- Rushed reactions to meet shipping/receiving deadlines
- Pressure to perform and quickly deliver
- Equipment failure
- Improper truck maintenance
- Inadequate driver training
Truck Accident Facts & Statistics
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, last year alone in the United States there were:
- 3,598 fatal truck accidents
- 83,000 injuries resulting from truck accidents
The Insurance Institute of Highway Safety lists that the:
- Number of people who died truck accidents increased by 22% last year
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration provides the most startling statistics:
- 73% of people killed in truck accidents were occupants of other vehicles
- 14.9% of truck drivers involved in fatal crashes last year accounted for the highest percentage of drivers with previously recorded crashes, more than any other vehicle type
- 81% of fatal truck accidents involving trucks are multiple-vehicle accidents
- In California, truck accidents accounted for 6.6% of the total vehicle accidents recorded
Protecting Clients from Trucking & Insurance Companies
Our Whittier truck accident attorneys understand the devastating affects these crashes can cause to our client’s physical, emotional, and financial health. We protect our clients from the exceedingly complicated process of pursuing a truck accident on their own. The obstacles of a truck accident will begin to appear immediately after the crash, and will only worsen as time passes.
These difficulties can include:
- Lack of cooperation from the driver in providing proper documentation or contact information
- Issuance of protective company responses from the driver, dictated by the parent company
- Driver training to avoid admitting fault by any means
- Intimidating calls from the trucking company, insurance company or legal representation
No matter how obvious the liability is, even if the truck is literally sitting on top of your car when authorities arrive, the fight is going to be tumultuous. The truck driver’s resources are going to discount his/her fault in the accident and turn the blame towards our client. We will not allow it, and will counter their actions with experienced techniques that immediate inflict a blow to their tactics. We can help our clients face the giants before them while our track record of success provides confidence and comfort.
Important Steps to Take After a Truck Accident
Step One: Remove yourself from any dangerous conditions
Do not clean up any debris, or assess the damage if you are in danger of being hit by another vehicle. Move to a safe place right away, and call the authorities.
Step Two: Call the local authorities
Demand an accident report from the responding officer, to ensure there is proof of their response to the crash.
The crash report will end with a summation statement from the officer, reading, in effect:
- “Based on what I observed, based on what I heard from my interviews, the responsibility of this accident lays on the truck driver”
These reports are incredibly important to your recovery efforts, and should be taken very seriously upon the arrival of the reporting authorities. Allow them to do their jobs fully.
Step Three: Exchange information
Warning: Drivers may be uncooperative. It is important that you obtain basic information from the truck driver who caused the accident, and by law you are entitled to the following information.
- Driver’s license
- Proof of Insurance
- License plate number
- Truck ID number
- Employer information, where applicable
Step Four: Document the scene
Use your cellphone to take pictures of the:
- Accident scene
- Damage to vehicles
- Placement of vehicles in relation to the road after the accident
- Driver’s documents
- Injuries suffered
- Witnesses and their information
Step Five: Call Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP
Things are going to start happening very quickly after a truck accident because the truck driver will need to notify his company or consignor that he has been involved in an accident.
This means the trucking company, their insurance company, and legal representation are going to be involved quickly and want to talk to you about the accident.
Do not speak to any of the truck driver’s representatives without a Whittier truck accident attorney.
Step Six: Get medical care right away
No matter how you feel, seek medical care immediately. After a truck accident, the adrenaline can mask the injuries you have sustained, and increase their severity without medical care. Whether it is an emergency room visit, or an appointment with your primary care physician, it is important to get care quickly.
Who Is Going to Pay for Your Medical Care & Lost Wages?
Initially, you will be responsible for the immediate medical care you seek because of the accident. Once liability has been established by our law firm, we will seek reimbursement funds for any out of pocket costs you have incurred while the case is underway.
In addition, our truck accident law firm will pursue additional damages to ensure you are able to seek the best care available for your injury circumstances.
This can include:
- Past, present and future medical care
- Current and future Lost wages
- Expenses incurred from the injury
- Ongoing care, including rehabilitation or therapy
- Over the counter medications and prescriptions
- Partial or full disability
- Short and long-term disability
- Property damage
Each injury requires a unique approach to recovery. At Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP in Whittier we will examine your case, your injuries, and the total fallout from those injuries, including your emotional injuries and diminished quality of life. We only seek whole solutions to your needs.
What to Bring to Your Free Consultation
At Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP, we provide free consultations to assist our clients in understanding their legal options, and to help remove some anxiety from their current situation.
When we meet, please bring:
- Driver’s license
- Proof of insurance
- Information obtained from the truck driver
- Any notes taken at the scene, including witness contact information
- Images taken at the accident scene, including the damage to the vehicles and your injuries
- Medical care paperwork
- Receipts from expenses incurred to date
If you do not have this information available for our first meeting, please do not be alarmed. We can discuss your case openly to effectively reach the next steps.
Why Choose Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP in Whittier, CA?
Over the past ten years, our Whittier truck accident attorneys have focused on helping clients receive the best outcome available for their case. Our collective success rates allow us to stand apart from other truck accident attorneys in Los Angeles County.
We are recognized by our peers as providing exceptional service, and practicing with integrity and a commitment to our clients’ needs to ensure they get what they deserve from their accident. Our Whittier truck accident lawyers provide personal care from the moment we accept a case. Not all law firms can say that about their attorneys.
Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP: Our Personal Promise to Clients
The other component of our firm that sets us apart from other attorneys in our field is that we never make more money than our client.
Our golden rule is that when the final settlement is determined, our clients come out on top. If a majority of their recovery is earmarked for medical expenses, and our share is larger than theirs, we will lessen our bill to balance the outcome. We should never make more money on your truck accident case than you do: And we never will. No other attorney group offers the same promise.
In addition, we do not charge our clients fees for investigative or administrative work we require to build our case. We waive all document subpoena fees, filing fees, and investigative fees so your financial recovery isn’t hampered by service fees.
Finally, if we do not win your case, you pay nothing.
Contact Our Truck Accident Attorneys in Whittier, CA Today for a Free Consultation
If you have been involved in a truck accident, contact our experienced Whittier, CA truck accident attorneys today at (562) 698-6446 to schedule a free consultation. Our experienced Whittier truck accident lawyers will outline an aggressive approach to countering the insurance company and the law firm that is withholding a financial settlement that can help you recover fully. We will fight for the settlement you deserve, leaving no detail to chance. Call us now to find out how we can help you take the first steps down the path of recovery.