Aggressive Workers’ Compensation Attorneys in Whittier, CA: Hanning & Sacchetto
With more than ten years of experience protecting injured employees, our workers’ compensation attorneys at Hanning & Sacchetto in Whittier, CA continuously deliver successful results for our Los Angeles County community.
The State of California is one of only a dozen states that participate in no-fault workers’ compensation laws. These laws provide access to workers’ compensation benefits that are designed to protect our employed community. However, the deadlines and paperwork requirements can be confounding, especially after suffering an injury. Our attorneys can help expedite your claim, and ensure you are pursuing the benefits you are entitled to by law.
Employer Responsibilities: Workers’ Compensation in California
According to the Employer Fact Sheet published by the Division of Workers’ Compensation in California, employers are responsible for carrying workers’ compensation insurance at all times if they have one or more employees.
Additional requirements and stipulations include:
- Benefits must cover all employees, including part-time workers, and non-legal residents
- Employees cannot pay into workers’ compensation, or offset the costs of the employer’s policy in any way
- Employers cannot fire or punish an individual for filing a workers’ compensation claim
- Failure to carry workers’ compensation insurance is a criminal offense
Benefits that must be made available to injured workers include:
- Immediate and long-term medical care
- Temporary disability, including lost wages when an injury precludes an employee from returning to work right away
- Permanent disability, including lost wages when an injury is so severe full recovery isn’t possible
- Reassigned workload, including light duty as prescribed by a medical professional during recovery
- Supplemental job displacement benefits, including vouchers to pay for retraining programs
- Death benefits, applicable after the death of an employee at work or from a work-related illness
If you have lost a loved one to a work injury, our attorneys can discuss a wrongful death case with you and your family to help ensure all your financial needs are being addressed outside of workers’ compensation death benefits.
Injured Employee Entitlements: Workers’ Compensation Laws in California
The California Workers’ Compensation Laws are designed to protect employees during their workday.
California is a no-fault workers’ compensation state, which means employees do not have to prove an employer was negligent or at-fault for their injury in any capacity. If you are hurt at work, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.
Workers’ compensation claims are divided into two categories:
- A single event, including:
- Slip and fall injuries
- Chemical burns
- Injuries from an auto accident or truck accident while making work-related deliveries
- Hit by/crushed by object
- Machinery malfunction causing injury
- Repeated exposure injuries, including:
- Hearing or vision loss
- Repetitive motion injuries, including joint, muscle and ligament damage from completing the same motion day after day over time
- Chemical exposure, including asbestos
Whether your injury is one suffered during a single event, or has developed over time, our workers’ compensation pursuit process will help you discover the entitlements available through California’s no-fault status. We can help you get the medical care and financial assistance you need to heal fully.
Hanning & Sacchetto: A Law Firm Making a Difference for Injured Workers
If you are hurt at work, your physical safety is our primary concern. Your health is paramount in providing a comfortable, stress-free lifestyle for you and your family. Unfortunately, our workers’ compensation laws require more than medical care and rest to file a claim. That’s where our experience makes a significant difference in our clients’ success.
To file a workers’ compensation claim, employees must:
- Alert their employer to the injury immediately after it happens
- Fill out the injury forms provided by the employer, and return them immediately
- Seek medical care to understand the extent of their injuries
- Follow all doctor’s orders, and appear at referral and follow-up appointments
- Contact Hanning & Sacchetto to develop a clear-cut understanding of the type of care and entitlements their injuries dictate
While all injured workers are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits, the process can require cumbersome paperwork submissions that are accompanied by stinging deadlines. Our workers’ compensation attorneys provide experienced legal representation that creates solutions for our clients so they can attend to the injuries without worry and stress.
The Hanning & Sacchetto Difference: Setting Our Firm Apart from Other Attorneys
Unlike other workers’ compensation firms, Hanning & Sacchetto never charges administrative fees. Our representation includes document subpoena fees, filing fees, and investigative fees. We never charge our clients for pursuing optimal results for their case.
If we do not win your case, you owe us nothing.
Call Hanning & Sacchetto in Whittier, CA Today for a Free Consultation
If you have been hurt at work, either in a one-time injury or over time, contact our distinguished workers’ compensation attorneys at Hanning & Sacchetto in Whittier, CA today at (562) 698-6446. We can help expedite your case, allowing you to focus on your injury and the overall time it takes to heal without worrying about medical costs and lost wages. Call us now to get your claim in front of the right people, so you can begin resting easy.