If you have been hurt in an auto accident, you can be easily overwhelmed by the expenses that come with the unexpected collision. Medical bills, lost wages, and property damage is only the beginning of the hardships that accompany your injuries, and we can help provide answers.
At Hanning & Sacchetto, our Whittier auto accident attorneys create customized solutions to pursue an accident settlement that could be the answer to your financial worries.
Most injury victims know they are going to need financial help after a collision. What they do not know is how much they are going to need, or what to expect from an auto accident settlement.
The answer is unique to each personal injury case, but many factors determine each person’s economic and non-economic financial recovery settlement equation.
What Is the Difference Between Economic & Non-Economic Damages?
In California, victims of auto accidents can recover both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic losses are those that can be quantified by a dollar amount.
These damages include monetary expenses that have been paid or will be realized in the future, including:
- Medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Cost of rehabilitation, therapy, or other treatment needs
- Property damage
- Loss of income
- Lost earning capacity
Non-economic damages are intangible losses that cannot be accounted for using an exact dollar amount.
These very real damages can include:
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional distress
- Loss of companionship
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Physical impairment, including a lost limb
In California, there is no cap on non-economic damages in personal injury cases, unless the injury occurred during medical malpractice.
That means our auto accident attorneys in Whittier can pursue the fair and reasonable value of both economic and non-economic damages to achieve the best financial recovery available for each of our clients.
What Factors Impact Auto Accident Settlement Amounts in California?
Many factors can affect the value of an auto accident settlement, and each of those factors will impact the compensation our attorneys pursue for each case.
Those factors can include:
- The type and severity of your injuries
- The current and future medical expenses
- The need for ongoing assistance or other medical care
- The time you need away from work and when or if you can return
- How much insurance the negligent party has
- Whether you have insurance coverage that protects you during a collision with an uninsured or underinsured motorist
- The number of people involved in the auto accident
- If you share any percentage of fault in the accident
How Will Hanning & Sacchetto Determine My Auto Accident Settlement Amount?
Each factor that will determine the financial recovery amount we pursue from the negligent driver’s insurance company will be collected through the evidence we compile from the collision.
That evidence can include:
- Photographs and videos from the crash site
- Police reports from the responding law enforcement officials
- Witness statements
- Physical evidence from the collision
- Medical records
- Expert witness testimony
No two car accident cases are alike, and neither are the needs of the injured. Each auto accident case we pursue is uniquely designed to meet the needs of each client we represent.
If you have been hurt in a vehicle collision, contact our Whittier personal injury attorneys today by calling (562)698-6446 to schedule a free consultation to learn more about our legal approach and how we can provide solutions for your unique case.