Ontario Workers' Compensation Attorney
At Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP our workers’ compensation lawyers in Ontario, California work tirelessly to ensure injured employees throughout San Bernardino County get the legal representation they deserve to fully recover from the harm they have endured in the workplace.
Our workers’ compensation attorneys combine aggressive representation and experience to add to our track record for delivering successful outcomes for injured workers who deserve financial recovery after an accident, and we can do the same for you and your family.
How Can I File A Workers’ Compensation Claim in Ontario, California?
In California, our workers’ compensation laws are designed to protect employees after an accident has occurred in the workplace. Our laws allow an injured employee to seek workers’ compensation benefits without having to prove that their employer was negligent or at fault.
Our California’s workers’ compensation laws require all companies that employ more than one person to carry workers’ compensation insurance and outlines the protocol that must occur after an injury has occurred in the workplace, including:
- Employers must provide a workers’ compensation claim form to the injured party within one working day of the injury or illness occurring
- Employees must receive a copy of completed form from their employer within one working day of its receipt
- Employers must forward the claim form and their report of the occupational injury or illness to the claim’s administrator within one working day of receipt
- Employers must authorize up to $10,000 in appropriate medical treatment within one working day of receiving the employee’s claim
When employees are covered by a Medical Provider Network, they must have an initial medical evaluation arranged with an MPN physician.
What Are The Most Common Workers’ Compensation Injuries In Ontario, California?
Our workers’ compensation lawyers in Ontario, California understand that there are no limits to the injuries one can sustain during a work accident. The severity of each person’s injuries is unique to the individual who was hurt, and the pursuit of financial recovery will be dictated by their medical needs, their time away from work, and their long-term care requirements.
Common workers’ compensation injuries that occur in Ontario, California can include, but are not limited to:
- Amputation or limb loss
- Crushed fingers, hands, arms, or legs
- Fractured or broken bones
- Heat-related illnesses
- Joint, muscle, nerve, and ligament injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Severe cuts or punctures
- Sprains and strains
- Traumatic brain injuries
Injuries from overuse, overexertion, and repetitive movements can include:
- Ergonomic problems, including carpal tunnel syndrome
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Hearing or vision loss
- Joint, muscle, ligament, damage, and nerve from completing the same motion daily over time
No matter how your work injury occurred, our experienced Ontario workers’ compensation attorneys will pursue the best financial recovery available for your case.
What Types Of Financial Recovery Are Available For An Ontario, California Work Injury?
First and foremost, your work-related injury is going to require immediate medical care. It is important that you see the proper medical team that can deliver the best physical and emotional results available for your injuries, so your urgent and long-term care is outlined properly.
Depending on the type of injury you sustained at work, you may need to visit a:
- Primary care doctor
- Occupational medicine doctor
- Orthopedist or orthopedic surgeon
- Neurologist or neurosurgeon
Repetitive injuries may require extended medical care that includes treatment from:
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists
- Rehabilitation specialists
- Vocational counselors
Medical care is covered by Ontario, California workers’ compensation laws. It is important that the injured person follow ALL of their physicians’ instructions to ensure their physical recovery is priority one. Following all doctors’ orders is paramount to your case’s success.
Other benefits that can be recovered through a workers’ compensation claim can include:
- Short- and long-term lost wages, including temporary payment when you are unable to return to work immediately; and permanent payments when your injuries preclude you from returning to work at all
- Light-duty workload to accommodate your abilities and physical injury constraints that are outlined by your medical physicians
- Voucher-sponsored job retraining and education programs when you unable to return your previous position because of your injury, so you can seek employment in a different category without paying out of pocket for instruction
At Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP, our workers’ compensation lawyers in Ontario, California provide exceptional representation for employees who are injured at work, no matter how they were hurt or who their employer is.
What’s more is, if your injury was caused by a third-party, an additional civil suit can be filed on your behalf to hold that person or party liable for your injuries, medical care, and lost wages that resulted because of their involvement.
Your workers’ compensation claim is unique, and so are the circumstances that led to your workplace injuries. Our workers’ compensation lawyers want to help you pursue the best financial outcome available for your physical and emotional injuries today.
Our Ontario, California personal injury practice areas include :
Contact Our Workers’ Compensation Attorneys In Ontario, California For A Free Consultation
If you have been hurt at work, contact our workers’ compensation lawyers in Ontario, California today by calling (909) 456-1400 to schedule a free consultation today. Our Ontario personal injury law firm never charges administrative fees, which allows you to keep more of your financial settlement or jury verdict to ensure no detail of your recovery is overlooked. In fact, if we do not win your case, you pay absolutely nothing for our services. Find out more by contacting our Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP workers’ compensation lawyers today, and learn how we can produce results for your workers’ compensation case now.
- What You Need To Know About Workers’ Compensation When You Are Working From Home In California
- How Does The Ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic Affect My California Workers’ Compensation Claim?
- Common Missteps That May Hurt Your Chances Of Recovering Workers’ Compensation Benefits In California
- Who Is Eligible To File A Workers’ Compensation Claim In California?
- Can I Be Denied Workers’ Compensation Benefits In California?
- What Should I Do When Denied California Workers’ Compensation Benefits?
- What Is The California Workers’ Compensation Process?
- Understanding Workers’ Compensation Death Benefits In California