Losing a loved one to the negligence of another is devastating, and at Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP, our wrongful death attorneys in Pomona, California want to help you hold the responsible party accountable for their reckless actions or inactions that led to the death of your family member.
Our Los Angeles County and Pomona wrongful death lawyers will fully investigate your claim to ensure we are pursuing the proper party — even if it is more than one person or company — for your loss while developing a strategy to deliver successful financial results for your personal trauma. We know that nothing will bring your loved one back, but our Pomona wrongful death attorneys can deliver civil justice on their behalf, so you and your family can take the time you need to grieve.
What Types Of Accidents Qualify As Wrongful Death In Pomona, California?
Our California legislation provides a legal avenue for family members to pursue financial compensation when s/he has lost a loved one to negligence.
Wrongful death applies when another person or party is at fault through intentional actions, including violence, or simple negligence, where careless actions or inactions lead to someone’s death.
What Are The Potential Causes of Wrongful Death in Pomona, California?
Any loss of life is exceptionally traumatizing, and when that loss happens through negligence, the devasting effects it has on your family can be hard to overcome.
A wrongful death suit can be filed when the facts of an accident suggest that the victim would have lived if it weren’t for the negligent behavior of another.
Potential wrongful death examples can include:
- Motor vehicle accidents, including auto accidents, truck accidents, and motorcycle accidents, including:
- Distracted driving, including texting and electronic device use
- Driving while drunk
- Driving while under the influence of illicit drugs or prescription medication
- Drowsy driving
- Reckless or aggressive driving
- Construction accidents, including:
- Assault by coworkers
- Chemical spills
- Falling from heights
- Falling tools, equipment, or other objects
- Fire or explosion
- Injuries related to machinery
- Failure to maintain safe premises, including:
- Slip and fall injuries
- Medical malpractice, including:
- Allowing insufficiently experienced doctors to perform procedures
- Dangerous prescription errors
- Failure to diagnose
- Failure to provide adequate treatment
- Failure to provide proper instructions or follow-up care
- Leaving foreign objects inside a patient
- Mistakes made during pregnancy, labor, or delivery
- Mixing up medical charts
- Nursing home abuse
- Surgical errors
- Exposure to toxic or otherwise hazardous materials
- Unsafe products
- Violent acts/attacks
- Inadequate security leading to death
At Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP, our experienced Pomona, California wrongful death lawyers will guide you through the legal process without confusion, so you can focus on your personal well-being while we pursue the negligent party for financial recovery.
It is important to understand that wrongful death claims are completely separate from criminal proceedings, and are litigated in California Civil Court. In fact, wrongful death cases are often filed in situations where criminal charges are never filed, and nearly 90% of wrongful death cases are settled out of court.
Who Can File A Wrongful Death Claim In Pomona, California?
Family members who are eligible to file a wrongful death claim begin with the surviving spouse or domestic partner.
The next eligible family members are the surviving children, followed by the deceased’s parents, and then siblings.
The statute of limitations for filing a California wrongful death claim is two years from the date of your loved one’s death. Contact our Pomona wrongful death attorneys today to understand your rights, and how we can help before time runs out.
How Can I Claim Financial Recovery From The Negligent Party In A Wrongful Death Claim?
With the help of the accomplished wrongful death attorneys at Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP in Pomona, California, you may pursue financial recovery in any of the applicable areas:
- Medical expenses incurred prior to death
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of affection and moral support
- Loss of anticipated financial support
- Loss of benefits, including insurance and retirement
- Loss of earnings during hospitalization
- Lost income and potential income earnings
- Value of household services
Each person’s wrongful death circumstances are different, and the financial recovery options that are available will be dictated by your family’s unique needs. Contact our Pomona wrongful death attorney today to learn more about your legal options in holding the negligent party responsible for your loss.
Our Pomona, California personal injury practice areas include :
Have You Lost A Loved One In An Accident? Contact Our Pomona, California Wrongful Death Attorneys Today To Schedule A Free Consultation
If you have lost a loved one in an accident or under other negligent circumstances, contact Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP in Pomona, California to speak with one of our accomplished Pomona wrongful death attorneys at today at (562) 469-5442 to schedule a free consultation. Your personal loss does not have to be compounded by financial loss. Our experienced Pomona personal injury attorneys will provide you with a clear outline of our legal process, so you can focus on grieving while we build your unique case.