Dog Bite Lawyers in Whittier & Arcadia, CA
Definitive Dog Bite Representation in Whittier & Arcadia, CA: Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP
At Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP our Whittier & Arcadia dog bite attorneys have represented thousands of clients over the past decade with a commitment to quality care and successful outcomes. Our dog bite attorneys in Whittier, CA extend our legal process by demonstrating a consistent track record of financial recovery for our clients, inside and outside of the courtroom.
With over 78 million dogs in the United States, dog bites in Los Angeles County are more common than you may think, and their injuries can be devastating. If you or a loved one has been bitten by a dog, even if it is a dog you know and love, our Whittier & Arcadia dog bite lawyers can help you get the financial settlement you deserve to seek proper medical care and time to heal.
Personal Injury & Dog Bites: Statistics
Dog bites are considered personal injuries, as the negligence of the owner comes into play because of the attack. In the all too common case of dog bites, dog-related injuries, and attacks, our Arcadia & Whittier dog bite attorneys are aware of the alarming statistics that accompany our crusade for justice.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provides stirring statistics unveiling just how prominent dog bites can be in everyday life.
The CDC has found that annually, in the United States:
- Approximately 4.5 million dog bites occur
- More than 900,000 of those bites become infected
- With over 325 million people in the US, one in 72 people are bitten by a dog
- Children are more likely to suffer a dog bite and require medical care than an adult, especially children 5 to 9 years old
- Dog bites account for 41 fatalities
DogsBite.org provides additional statistics, noting that:
- Last year 28,000 people underwent reconstructive surgery after being bitten by a dog
- 1/3 of all homeowner’s insurance claims are for dog bites, or dog-related injuries, averaging $37,000 per claim, totaling over $600 million annually
- The average cost of a dog bite-related hospital stay is over $18,000; more than double the average stay for another injury
- Dog bites occur every 75 seconds in the United States
- Dog attack victims suffer over $1 billion in monetary losses annually; the American Academy of Family Physicians reports this estimate to be as high as $2 billion
Five Important Steps to Take After a Dog Bite Occurs
If you or a loved one has been bitten by a dog, there are steps you can take to seek care, and get the help you need.
Step One: Get to a safe place
If you are unable to leave the house you were bitten in, retreat to a restroom and lock the door behind you. If the dog bite occurred in a public place, seek shelter immediately in the nearest area that separates you from the dog.
Step Two: Wash the wound
If you can tend to the wound, without causing further injury, rinse it with soap and water right away.
Step Three: Seek medical care right away
It is impossible to know the extent of your injuries without seeking medical care, and one in four dog bite wounds become infected.
Other serious indications of needing medical care can include:
- Uncontrollable bleeding
- Loss of function
- Extreme pain
- Muscle or bone exposure
- Red, warm, or swollen skin around the bite
- Development of a fever
- Not knowing the dog’s vaccination records or overall health
- More than five years passing since your last tetanus shot
Step Four: Contact the owner
If you know the owner of the dog, contact them immediately to obtain proof of proper vaccination records, or confirm the lack thereof.
If you are unable to locate the owner, or if the dog is a stray, contact your local animal control agency or the local police department and report the incident.
Step Five: Call Whittier & Arcadia Dog Bite Attorneys at Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP
Based on the statistics alone, dog bites can lead to very serious injuries. At Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP our Arcadia & Whittier dog bite attorneys have a decade of experience representing clients who have suffered from these attacks. We can help you maneuver the often-difficult terrain of holding an individual responsible for their dog’s actions.
Even if you were bitten by a friend or family member’s dog, the owner is responsible for your medical care, and financial recovery. Our Whittier & Arcadia dog bite lawyers can help guide you through the process effortlessly and without delay.
What Types of Injuries Are Associated with Dog Bites?
The American Academy of Family Physicians describes that there are many injuries associated with dog bites, and the severity of each differs from victim to victim.
These injuries can include:
- Broken bones
- Crush injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Infections, including Tetanus, Staph or MRSA
- Loss of function or mobility
- Muscle, tendon, or ligament wounds
- Nerve damage
- Partial or full disability
- Puncture wounds
- Short or long-term disability
- Wrongful death
How Can Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP in Whittier & Arcadia, CA Help?
As your Arcadia & Whittier dog bite attorneys, we will ensure that your interests are placed first.
- Receiving reimbursement for past and current medical care, and financial resources for future medical treatment
- Pursuit of financial recovery from the negligent dog owner liable for your injuries for past, current, and future lost wages
- Access to therapy and rehabilitation services, where applicable
Your needs will differ from any other case we have handled, as we approach each client’s recovery with a unique strategy. Once our Whittier & Arcadia dog bite attorneys evaluate your case fully, we will be able to design the perfect legal policy to achieve success on your behalf.
A Promise Well Kept: Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP in Whittier & Arcadia
At Hanning and Sacchetto, LLP we have one rule: Never make more money than our clients.
When we successfully achieve the settlement you deserve, through mediation or litigation, you will walk away from our office with the larger amount. Even if your medical bills account for a sizable amount of your settlement, if your monetary take is less than ours, we will reduce our bill to even the scales. No other law firm is willing to do that for their clients, and that is just one of the attributes that set our attorneys apart.
Next, our Whittier & Arcadia dog bite lawyer never charge our clients for the fees incurred throughout their cases. Most firms track and charge clients for investigation fees, document subpoena fees, filing fees, and administrative setup fees. We do not. And we never will.
Our Whittier & Arcadia Injury Law Firm also focus on:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Brain injuries
- Workers’ compensation
- Wrongful Death
Contact Our Experienced Arcadia & Whittier Dog Bite Attorneys at Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP for a Free Consultation Today
If you or a loved one has suffered from a dog bite contact our dedicated Arcadia & Whittier dog bite attorneys at Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP in Arcadia & Whittier, CA today at (562) 698-6446. We can help you get the proper medical care you need to begin healing fully while we focus on your overall financial recovery. Call us now to find out how we can turn your current injuries into a success story. You can contact our personal injury attorneys in Arcadia & Whittier, CA for more legal help.