Motorcycle Accidents Lawyers in Whittier & Arcadia, CA
Protecting the rights of motorcyclist throughout Los Angeles County has been the cornerstone of our Whittier & Arcadia motorcycle accident law firm’s success for the past decade. As formidable, aggressive motorcycle accident attorneys in Whittier, CA, we understand the vulnerable position injured riders are placed in after an accident, and we can help.
Our prolific legal style and unwavering approach to delivering justice for our clients allows each person our Whittier & Arcadia motorcycle accident lawyer represent to focus on their medical needs, and the totality of their healing process, while we examine their case fully and create a strategic claim to hold the party who caused their injuries responsible. We can help you, too.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Understanding the statistics of motorcycle accidents helps riders understand that they are not the only ones who have succumbed to injuries from a collision.
- According to the Department of Motor Vehicles registration records, as of 2016, there were 893,107 motorcycles registered in the State of California
- Studies by the California Office of Traffic Safety found that over a ten-year span, annual motorcyclist fatalities increased by over 128%; growing from 2,116 to 4,837
- During the same period, motorcycle injuries increased 66%, from 53,000 to 88,000
- California Office of Traffic Safety identifies that in Los Angeles County alone, 3,784 victims were injured or killed in motorcycle accidents last year
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and their National Agenda for Motorcycle Safety report, issued common causes of motorcycle accidents involving a passenger vehicle including:
- The driver of the vehicle violating the motorcyclist’s right-of-way accounts for 2/3 of collisions
- Failure of motorists to detect motorcyclists in traffic
- Vehicles turning left in front of motorcyclists
- Changing lanes directly into a motorcyclist
- Driver of the car hitting the motorcyclist from behind
- Drivers or passengers opening car doors, ignoring passing motorcyclists
Understanding Motorcycle Accidents and the Logistics of Liability
The circumstances of each motorcycle accident victim our Whittier & Arcadia motorcycle accident attorneys represent differs. Your motorcycle accident case, and the financial recovery we seek, will be dependent upon several factors.
As your Arcadia & Whittier motorcycle accident attorneys, it is our job to create a solid case that allows you to benefit from the reality of liability, assigning fault where it belongs: On the driver of the passenger vehicle.
Building your motorcycle accident case requires expert attention to detail, and exceptional investigational skills, including:
- Collecting evidence from the scene, including where the vehicles lie, the extent and location of the damage to the motorcycle and passenger vehicle
- Location of injuries to the rider, and the indicative force to create a solid scenario of where the rider was hit
- Employing accident reconstruction experts to rebuild the crash scene
- Hiring biomechanical engineers to outline the logistics of the vehicles and their properties
- Interviewing medical experts to determine the extent of your injuries and the overall care related to treating them
Our Whittier & Arcadia motorcycle accident lawyers have partnerships with professional experts and will get them involved early in the process to expedite the proceedings by filing reports, and presenting them to the insurance company, along with the physical evidence, to increase our success rates exponentially.
One example of our process includes:
Two brothers were riding motorcycles together in the afternoon, and made a left-hand, protected turn as part of their travel. Upon turning, they were hit by a woman coming up a hill after she ran the light. Establishing liability was difficult, as the woman in the vehicle claimed to have been on a grade, while our claim was that the brothers were on a grade.
Once our Whittier & Arcadia motorcycle accident attorneys invited experts to survey the scene of the accident, it was proven that based on the lights and signals at the intersection, and how they were placed and functioning, the woman was clearly in error. Our clients had the right of way.
In addition, we investigated the intersection’s accident history, to understand if the city held some responsibility for a disproportionate amount of accidents at this location because of the signage and signaling allocated.
In the end, our clients received large settlements, and our Whittier & Arcadia motorcycle accident lawyer resolved their cases as their injuries dictated. We will never stop fighting for our clients, and what is rightfully owed to them by the parties responsible for their injuries. It is the right thing to do, no matter who we must investigate or pursue for damages.
Holding Uninsured Motorists Accountable
The Department of Motor Vehicles registration records lists driving laws and insurance requirements that each driver is required to carry the following:
- Driver’s license
- Proof of insurance
If you are involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, our Whittier & Arcadia motorcycle accident lawyer can help you pursue other avenues of recovery.
First, we will investigate whether the driver is covered by another form of insurance, including an employer policy. Next, if there no insurance is available, we will develop a strategy to personally pursue the individual for financial recovery. That person is responsible for your injuries, and the medical bills, lost wages, and property damage that resulted from the accident.
Who Is Responsible for Accidents and Injuries Caused by Road Conditions?
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident caused by road conditions, we want to help you hold the offending party responsible. These circumstances require legal representation to proceed with a claim, simply because of the municipal bureaucracy involved.
Individuals without legal representation will encounter obstacles immediately, including:
- Being ignored by the municipalities, as claims are immediately dismissed without counsel
- Litigation is the only avenue to being taken seriously by municipalities, as your calls and visits will go undocumented
Dangerous and defective road conditions that cause motorcycle accidents can include:
- Incomplete road improvements
- Improper signage or roadwork displays
- Unsatisfactory work, including the use of substandard materials, or unfollowed codes
- Violations of inspection schedules and procedures
Getting to the bottom of hazardous road conditions and their role in a motorcycle accident is something our Whittier & Arcadia motorcycle accident attorneys take seriously. The research requires document recovery efforts that can only be implemented with a subpoena from the courts, and our Arcadia & Whittier motorcycle accident lawyers have the legal standing to investigate these records without delay.
What If I Caused the Motorcycle Accident? Can Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP Help?
Our Arcadia & Whittier motorcycle accident attorneys will help guide you through the process, even when you are taking full responsibility for the accident and the financial fallout. In fact, we will help you understand exactly what you are responsible for, and what you are not, so the opposing law firm does not take advantage of you.
Chances are, you were not the only one at fault, and there is a shared culpability of contributory negligence. Having our Arcadia & Whittier motorcycle accident attorneys by your side will allow you to see both sides of the accident more clearly, viewing a legal outline of exactly who was at fault. This may lessen the financial settlement you are responsible for at the close of the argument.
Dedicated to Your Recovery: A Hanning & Sacchetto, LLP Guarantee
We will never make more money on your motorcycle accident case than you do: That’s a promise.
If at any point in your financial recovery our bill outweighs your settlement, our Whittier & Arcadia motorcycle accident attorneys will lower our rate to balance the scales. No other Whittier & Arcadia motorcycle accident law firm offers the stability and assurance that you are the winning party; not us.
Further, we never charge administrative fees that place our clients in a negative financial situation before we even begin litigating their case. Other Whittier & Arcadia motorcycle accident law firms charge investigative fees, filing fees, document recovery fees, and setup fees: We do not. And we never will.
Our Whittier & Arcadia Injury Law Firm also focus on:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Dog bite accidents
- Brain injuries
- Workers’ compensation
- Wrongful Death
Call Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Whittier & Arcadia, CA for a Free Consultation Today
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact our personal injury attorneys at Hanning & Sacchetto in Arcadia & Whittier, CA today at (562) 698-6446 for a free consultation. Our Whittier & Arcadia motorcycle accident lawyers are prepared to hear your case in its entirety and devise a strategic legal approach to pursuing the negligent party who caused your accident today. Call us now to begin the positive process of healing fully.
Motorcycle Accident FAQs
What Do I Need to Legally Ride a Motorcycle in California?
Before getting a motorcycle license, you must obtain a motorcycle permit, which is good for six months and comes with some riding restrictions. To get a California motorcycle permit, you must:
- Be at least 15 1/2 years old;
- Have a California driver’s license;
- If you are under 21, you must complete a motorcycle rider training course given by the California Highway Patrol to receive a certificate required by the DMV to proceed with licensing.
Next, to receive your motorcycle license in California:
- Visit a DMV office;
- Complete application form DL 44;
- Pay the application fee;
- Pass a traffic laws and signs test (you have three chance to pass the test);
- Have your picture taken;
- Provide a thumbprint;
- Pass a vision exam.
Do I Have to Wear a Helmet While Riding a Motorcycle in California?
How Long Do I Have to File a Motorcycle Accident Injury Claim in California?
In the State of California, you must file a personal injury claim within two years from the date the injury occurred. There are very few exceptions to this statute, so it is important to speak with a personal injury attorney about your legal options right after the accident occurs.
A Car Turned Left in Front of Me While I Was Riding My Motorcycle. Who is at Fault?
While a vehicle making a left turn in front of a motorcycle (or any other vehicle) may be liable for a collision with an oncoming vehicle going straight in the other direction;. tThere are exceptions, including if the vehicle going straight was speeding or ran a red light.
- Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in California
- California Motorcycle Accident FAQs
- Deadly Motorcycle Crash in La Mirada Part of Overall Rise in Motorcycle Fatalities
- Two Men Killed in Whittier Speed-Related Crash
- After a Freeway Accident, Remain in Your Vehicle Until Emergency Personnel Arrive on the Scene
- Anaheim Hit-and-Run Leaves Victim Fatally Injured
- How an Accident Attorney Can Help You
- The Important Role of Evidence in Proving your Personal Injury Claim
- E-Scooter Injuries on the Rise in California
- Motorcycle Accident Prevention in California